Seminole County Public Schools
Visit the Seminole County Public Schools website.
The mission of the Seminole County Pubic Schools is to ensure that all students acquire the knowledge, skills, and attitudes necessary to be successful in adult life. Through the cooperative efforts of the teachers, school staff, parents, and students, every child attending SCPS can meet or exceed the Florida Sunshine State Standards, established by the Florida Department of Education.
As of October 2008 the Seminole County Public School District enrolled 65,299 students with 4,019 classroom teachers. Looking back at the 2008-2009 school year, Seminole County Public Schools (SCPS) was named an academically high-performing school district by the Florida Department of Eduction. It boasts the following points of pride:
95% of graded schools earned A or B grades
- State-ranked Number 3 in FCAT Reading
- State-ranked Number 4 in FCAT Math
- State-ranked Number 4 in FCAT Writing
- State-ranked Number 4 in FCAT Science
- State-ranked Number 6 in Graduation Rate (91.1%), 16 points above the state average
- All 4 year high schools ranked in the top 5% of the nation by Newsweek magazine for the fourth consecutive year, based on the number of AP/IB tests taken
- SAT scores above the state and national averages for the 33rd consecutive year
If you are new to the district, all of the information you need to get acquainted to the Seminole County School System is contained on their
Newcomers Information Page.
If you are planning a vacation you can find Student Information.
If you are interested in the FCAT performance of our local schools you can see grades for all of the schools on the School Grades Sheet (PDF).
If you would like more information about education in general you can visit the Florida Department of Education.