Latest Update 8/30/2023 : 2:40pm
- The City of Longwood will return to normal operations tomorrow, Thursday 08/31/2023.
- City offices and parks will be open for normally scheduled hours
- Residential trash service will also resume on the normal schedule
- The City of Longwood does not qualify for FEMA debris removal assistance.
Latest Update 8/29/2023 4:30 pm
Debris Removal: Please do not move tree, yard, or trash debris to the right of way along the roadway before or during the storm. Unless conditions change, it is not anticipated the City of Longwood will be approved for FEMA debris removal. Debris discovered after the storm will be the responsibility of the property owner. It can be disposed of by taking the debris to the Seminole County landfill or by following Wastepro pickup guidelines. Thank you!
Latest Update 8/29/2023: 2:15 pm
- Due to Hurricane Idalia all city administrative offices will be closed tomorrow Wednesday 08/30/23 and reopen Thursday, August 31, 2023.
Update 8/29/2023: 12:15pm
- City of Longwood parks are closed Wednesday and will re-open Thursday unless unexpected circumstances arise.
- Residential trash services are canceled tomorrow and will restart on Thursday if the county landfill is open. The yard waste not picked up can be doubled up next Wednesday.
- City offices will be open for normal business for the rest of the week unless unsafe conditions develop.
Seminole County Public School Update:
8/30/2023: Afternoon Update: SCPS will resume school tomorrow, Thursday, August 31, 2023. This includes all scheduled events and activities.
8/29/2023: Afterschool activities and events scheduled for today will continue as usual. SCPS will be CLOSED on Wednesday, August 30th while the storm passes. This includes all activities and sporting events.
"SunRail service has been temporarily suspended until further notice due to Tropical Storm/Hurricane Idalia. Updates will be provided through our website, the SunRail app, and our social media platforms. To learn how SunRail prepares for severe weather, please visit bit.ly/3sohi0y"
8/29 - 12:15 pm - Sandbag Operations have concluded
8/28 - 10:00 am - SANDBAG OPERATIONS - Candyland Sports Complex - Monday 8/28/23 from 11a-6p & Tuesday 8/29/2023 from 7a-12p - Self-Serve - 10 Bags Max per Family. Help expedite lines to receive your sandbags by minimizing socialization - together, we can keep things moving smoothly so that all residents receive their sandbags!