Can I run my business from my house?

Some home occupations are allowed. To preserve the residential character of neighborhoods, home businesses are restricted. There shall be no change in the outside appearance of the building or premises, or other visible evidence of the conduct of such home occupation, including outside storage or accessory buildings, or signage, including signs on mailboxes.. No equipment or process shall be used in such home occupation which creates noise, vibration, glare, fumes, odors, or electrical interference detectable to the normal senses off the lot. For code specifics, see the Longwood Development Code or contact the Planning Division at A home business also will need a Business Tax Receipt from the City of Longwood. 

Show All Answers

1. How do I make a complaint and have the Code Compliance Officer investigate?
2. I called in a complaint. Nothing on the property has changed. Why doesn’t the City do something?
3. A neighbor is playing loud music. Who do I call?
4. My neighbor hasn’t cleaned their pool in months. I’m worried about the potential for insects, etc. Can the City clean this pool?
5. Can I run my business from my house?